Mostrando entradas con la etiqueta FIA. Mostrar todas las entradas
Mostrando entradas con la etiqueta FIA. Mostrar todas las entradas
Nüüd on see official:
FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, August 30th 2009, 16:08 GMT

The FIA is to launch an investigation into the events at last year's Singapore Grand Prix, where Renault's Fernando Alonso claimed victory on the back of a crash by his team-mate Nelson Piquet.

Alonso's success was sealed by the timing of a safety car in the early stages of the inaugural event - which had been called out when Piquet crashed into the wall shortly after his team-mate stopped for fuel.

The timing of Piquet's crash prompted wild conspiracy theories that the Brazilian had been ordered to deliberately spin to help Renault take its maiden victory. Piquet himself insisted at the time that the accident had been caused by him simply trying too hard.

"It was my mistake," said Piquet.. "We tried two extreme strategies with Fernando quite short and me quite long in the hope of getting a safety car. If I hadn't crashed I would have been lucky with the safety car later in the race because I was very happy.

"We're always scraping the walls, and once you've touched the wall a little too much and lose control that's it."

It is understood, however, that fresh evidence about the events that took place in the race have now come to light – which has prompted the FIA to step in.

Piquet was dropped by Renault after this year's Hungarian Grand Prix, and has been outspoken in his criticisms of the outfit – and in particular team principal Flavio Briatore. It is not clear if the Brazilian himself has been a catalyst for the investigation, or if the evidence has come from elsewhere.

The FIA has not elaborated on the details of its inquiry, but a spokesperson confirmed to AUTOSPORT that an investigation was under way.

"The FIA can confirm that an investigation is underway regarding alleged events at a previous world championship race," said the spokesperson.

Should the FIA investigation suggest there is any evidence of foul play involved, then the governing body could call a hearing of the World Motor Sport Council to discuss the matter.


Paistab, et neil ei ole midagi muud paremat teha, kui üksteist mudaga loopida?
Singapuri GP toimus ju pea-aegu aasta tagasi ja nüüd nad tulevad sellega lagedale?
Ma ei suuda seda uskuda, ausalt.
Briatore, Renault ja FA mainet saab jälle rikkuda ^^ (Y)

SUPEEEEEEEER! <3

Renault to race at Valencia after winning appeal

Renault have had their suspension from this weekend’s European Grand Prix overturned after an FIA International Court of Appeal hearing in Paris on Monday. The team were handed the punishment at the last round in Hungary, where they were found at fault for allowing driver Fernando Alonso to leave the pits with a wheel that hadn’t been properly secured.

Though Renault admitted unsafe conduct, the Court decided that the penalty was too severe and replaced it with a reprimand and a US$50,000 fine. Alonso, whose front-right wheel eventually worked its way loose when he returned to the track, faced missing his home race in Valencia had the appeal failed.

Budapest stewards said they believed Renault had knowingly released Alonso without one of the retaining devices for the wheel-nuts being securely in position; that being aware of this, the team had failed to take any action to prevent the car from leaving the pit lane; and that they had then failed to inform the driver of this problem or to advise him to take appropriate action given the circumstances.

Renault’s lawyer argued that there had been no conscious wrongdoing on the team’s part and insisted that the misdemeanor warranted no more than a reprimand. According to Renault, the two mechanics who dealt with the errant wheel were unable to inform the pit wall or the driver prior to him leaving the pits.

Having won their appeal, Renault are now expected to announce a new driver to replace Nelson Piquet. Piquet revealed over the summer break that he is being dropped midway through his second race season with the French team. Renault tester and GP2 star Roman Grosjean has been widely tipped as his successor.

The International Court of Appeal’s decision in full:

Renault admitted to the Court that it breached the Sporting Regulations, in that it failed to ensure that car no. 7 complied with the conditions for safety throughout practice and the race, and that it released the car after a pit stop when it was unsafe to do so. However, it requested the Court to reconsider the severity of the sanction imposed by the Stewards.

Having heard the arguments of the parties, the Court has decided as follows:

1. to allow the appeal and overturn the sanction imposed by the Stewards in the Contested Decision;

2. to issue a reprimand and impose a fine of $50,000 upon Renault.


See ütleb kõik! <3
Renault disklafist veel:
A date has been set for the FIA International Court of Appeal hearing into Renault’s suspension from the European Grand Prix. It will take place in Paris on August 17, the Monday before the Valencia race, with a verdict expected the following day.

Renault were handed the punishment at last weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix. The team were found at fault for allowing driver Fernando Alonso to leave the pits with a wheel that hadn’t been properly secured. When Alonso returned to the track, the front-right wheel eventually worked its way loose.

Budapest stewards said they believed Renault had knowingly released Alonso without one of the retaining devices for the wheel-nuts being securely in position; that being aware of this, the team had failed to take any action to prevent the car from leaving the pit lane; and that they had then failed to inform the driver of this problem or to advise him to take appropriate action given the circumstances.

If the team’s appeal fails, both the Spaniard and team mate Nelson Piquet will be forced to sit out the European meeting, which will take place on August 21-23.


Knowingly? KNOWINGLY?!
Mis nad on idioodid või?! Tahaks loota, et Fernando elu on Renault'le tähtsam kui seda need Ungari kohtunikud arvavad.
Loodetavasti see otsus tühistatakse ja/või asendatakse leebemaga.
Muidugi ei tohi rehvid niiviisi lendama hakata, kuid teadlikult Fernando koos halvasti kinnitatud rehviga rajale laskmisega saaks hakkama vist vaid McLaren.

Helistasin täna selle assistendi koha pärast. Tükk aega kogusin julgust ennem kui helistasin ja siis ei võtnud keegi vastu. Epic.

T